Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Ideas! TOYS!

So, i was fishing around on the internet looking at different types of optical toys and I got some cool ideas. im wanting to do more with my hands now.

1. I was looking at a toy called "Changable charlie" this toy is a set of blocks, that when arranged, form a face. Each block has six different sides that will slightly change the face of the character. I was thinking of making my own toy this kind and making a stop motion video depicting the changing image.

I found this video that shows how to make something similar.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xlVUG8qrWM&feature=related
2.Strobotop


3. Retroscope


4. Jacob's ladder
The Jacob's Ladder is a very old optical toy. It consists of a series of blocks held together by ribbons. When the topmost block is turned, the blocks appear to cascade down the strings. This would be a really cool toy to make in class and it wouldn't take too long. Each side would have a different picture on it that changes as the ladder is tilted.


this video shows how to make one out of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment