Thursday, January 19, 2012

One Frame at a time

1. My first idea is an animated drawing. Every part of it would be done by hand. I'd do it by hand with pencil, erasing and adding as i animate with single images. The content would be a transforming figure moving throughout a space.


2. Cut Paper Stop Motion
This video gave me the idea to hand draw backgrounds on paper and animate paper characters on top of it. I would make my characters with paper (similar to the way i would make them in photoshop for importing into after effects). Each body part would be cut out separately for animation. Facial expressions would be drawn by hand (or i'd make individual mouth cut outs) and would look like replacement animation. I'm leaning on this idea mostly, it's just something that I really want to try. I'd have a character in an outside setting interacting with a tree trying to knock off fruit.



3. Flip Book
A printed flip book with the character actions done in photoshop. This would be a very colorful flip book as opposed to the traditional line drawings. I'd use this bear character that I made last semester in photoshop. Its a story of a friendly bear trying to make friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment